Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Why family photography is worth the investment. {Brisbane Family Photographer}


One of my favourite things is watching children grow. You first meet them at a young age, you take in their tiny faces and wonder what they will look like when they grow up. When you do see them grow, you wonder why you thought they would change so much because they still look the same, it's still that same little face from years ago, yet different somehow.

I've seen this family grow from one child, to two and in the not too distant future three ;) More?? Maybe only time will tell although I'm told not!




We always think we'll remember how little they were, those sweet little features, that tiny nose but as time goes on we forget.....until we look back at photos and all the memories comes flooding back. I remember so much of my own childhood thanks only to my father for taking hundreds and hundreds of photographs that I looked year after year and remembered where we were, who we were with and what we were doing. If it wasn't for those photos those memories would not exist. Thanks Dad xx


I posted recently on feedback I receive from one family after their child had started treatment which caused their daughters hair to fall out. Within a few short weeks the images captured reminded them how their daughter used to look and by the time she is finished treatment she would have grown and continued to change yet again. Those photos are now more priceless because they can never be repeated.


When chatting with a friend in the last week I pulled out some photos I had a well known photographer take of my own family around 3 years ago. At the time when we were told of the pricing for the images we (especially my husband!) balked at the cost. We couldn't justify spending that sort of money on photos. When I pulled out those photos to show a friend last week (yes I convinced Hubby to get them) it was not the money spent that I first thought of. I was immediately taken back to how little my boys were, how round their little faces were and how I was so thankful I have those images to help me remember.....

For pricing information and available session times for your family portrait session, contact info@splashphotography.com.au
Mention this blog post and receive a voucher to the value of $100 towards your images!

1 comment:

  1. I agree! Photos are so very precious. I'm happy that we have lots of lovely pics of our kids as they've grown.

    These are great pics of this family.
    x

    ReplyDelete