Thursday, August 8, 2013

Throwback Thursday {Should We Always Aim for Perfection?}

As a photographer you always seem to aiming to take that 'perfect' photo. The one you look at and love to pieces without afterwards picking it to pieces. "It's not in focus enough", "I should have taken it from another angle", "I should have picked x setting instead of y...." If you have even a vague interest in taking photos you will understand what I mean.

But sometimes we need to stop searching for perfection and just appreciate what is in front of us for what it is and be grateful we are here to see it and in turn have a memory of it to take into the future.

The photo below was taken back in 2008 when I purchased my first Digital SLR. I was sitting out in the back yard one Winters morning having a play trying to figure out what I was doing while the boys did their 'boy' thing. When you look at it from an over analytical technical point of view it's out of focus with a boring background...... When really its PERFECT. Perfect because it shows my two little monkeys as they were then, having fun, carefree and just simply being them. This photo always makes me smile and I loved coming across it while looking for a Throwback Thursday image.

5 years on and this image below was taken just yesterday while scouting for a new location for an upcoming session. I'm immediately drawn to the fact that Miles is still, 5 years on, looking up to Lachlan xxx 

Oh and as usual I'm picky when I look at this - Lachlan's collar is sticking up which right now is driving me crazy that I didn't fix it at the time. Even as I type that I know that in another 5 years I won't care about the collar and I'll say that everything about this image is PERFECT :) Sometimes the non perfect things in an image are what makes it perfect......

No comments:

Post a Comment