Thursday, August 29, 2013

Throwback Thursday {Taking time to find peace}

Back in 2009 the world was an exciting place for me. I had two little boys who were full on yet adorable at ages 3 and 5 and I had discovered photography. I was snapping just about everything! Now for me, my personal photography (when I'm taking photos for me not 'work') is a very relaxing thing. Taking that time out to stroll around, sometimes with no set idea on what I want to photograph, is like therapy. Time to clear the head, let the mind wander and get creative. The big hurdle I had back in 2009 when the image below was taken was that, as I mentioned, I had two little boys who took up all of my available time. One day my Husband said to me "I'll take the kids and have a boy's day, you spend the day with your camera and just have fun" (or something along those words!).

Any Mum knows how wonderful these rare moments are so I didn't check to see if he was joking or not and I was off! I spent the day wandering around the Kangaroo Point Cliffs, Powerhouse Museum, New Farm Park and eventually found a wonderful place only a few blocks from where I live. The Chung Tian Buddhist Temple is such a welcoming place. I returned a few times now and always leave energised and at peace.


What this particular day (and now looking back at this image) reminded me is that we all need to take time out every now and then and simply stop, spend time with just ourselves and make time to find peace. I know I need to do it far more often.....

No comments:

Post a Comment